CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Good morning

We got a lot done today. First Alex did workbook pages on numbers 1-10. There was an activity for each number (ex. color 3 toys, etc.) and then she traced and wrote the numeral. We also worked on more/less. This is hard but it's getting better. After this we took a break because Emma was fussy and Alex was losing focus.
Later this morning Alex was laying in the floor with a pen and paper pad and writing her name. She was saying, "A if for Alex." Then she looked at me and said, "A is for mommy?" So we took it from there and she asked lots of questions concerning what people's names start with. We did this forever. Then she wanted me to write so I got in the floor with her and we started writing. I recalled that level 1 reading involves sentences like, "I see the duck" etc. So I wrote, "I see the ..." We did this about a million times with whatever we could end the sentence with. I know she probably isn't to this level yet, but introducing sight words can't hurt and she was loving it.
All in all is was a good school day.
Alex has PT, OT, & ST today. Emma had PT & ST.

0 comments: