CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, October 20, 2008

Monday and recap

This morning we did our school work in the living room floor. Alex traced letters and I was really impressed by how many she could identify. She seems to be retaining letters she's learned in the past and slowly but surely picking up on new ones. Emma 'worked' in another book but really paid closer attention to what Alex was doing. Then we learned a new song from a toddler song book I have. Did the hand motions and all and they had fun. Oh, another new song we've learned that they love is "It's raining, It's Pouring, The old man is snoring..." We started singing it last week when it rained and now they sing it every time I wash their hair in the tub.
I am also happy with all the information they are retaining. Alex can still tell me that elephants live in Africa (from our zoo trip), they both sing 'America the Beautiful' & say the Pledge of Allegiance, they count to 8 in Spanish (because that is as far as I can go... give me a break, I took German), they can also say hello and goodbye in Spanish, say the Lord's Prayer, they know my first name and daddy's first name as well our family's last name, and letter recognition is growing. Not only does Alex recognize more letters than ever, she associates the letters with people she knows. N is for Nonnie, D is for Daddy, P is for Poppy, E is for Emma, A is for Alex, K is for Kathy, C is for Casey, etc. Letters without familiar names to associate with have other associations... Z is for zebra, etc. They are both making great progress and I'm happy with how things are going.
Oh, we are also working on the potty thing. Going on Misty's advice of bribery by sugar! Emma is willing to give the potty a try if a Skittle is waiting when she's done!

0 comments: