CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Other stuff

I've failed to blog on the other things we've been working on. We go over the girls speech homework at least a couple of times a week. We are working on specific concepts with Emma such as... above/below, front/behind, in/out, etc. I'm doing analogies with with both girls. Ex. My sweater is soft, but a rock is _____. And so on. Alex is doing great with plurals and possessives, in individually and we are getting better in sentence form. She is also working on using the correct pronouns... he/she/they. Alex is also working on sequencing (first, second, third, fourth, etc.) and on the concept of all/some/none. When we read books I try to take the time to ask other questions. Such as, I spy something that is yellow and square... then let her find it. Looking for more than one characteristic takes more patience than just picking the first yellow thing she sees. I know that Heidi (speech therapist) works on predicting story lines with her. I have a harder time doing this because she knows all of our books so well. I really need to get some new books.
I was wearing a GAP sweatshirt today and Emma was pointing out the letters and saying, "A, B, C..." So, I pointed her finger to each letter... "G... A... P" Alex was interested by this time and so we said the sounds that each letter makes and then said the word. We do this a lot with different words we come across. Good thing we are a GAP kind of family and not Tommy Hilfiger! That would be much harder to sound out!

0 comments: