CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, July 21, 2008

New week

We survived and enjoyed Vacation Bible School last week. It is lots of fun but also exhausting. Saturday we did our first school project in a week. We made posters about the girls. They each go their own. I would start a sentence about them and they had to finish it. For example... My name is ___, I am ___ years old, My favorite food is ___, etc. I would write it on the poster, draw the picture, etc. and they decorated. Emma cracked me up, she was laying on her belly resting her head in her hands and when I would ask her a question she would say, "Hmmm, let's see..." and then give a silly answer to make Alex laugh. One question was... I live in ____. I wanted Alex to say Arkansas, but instead she said, "a house." Well, yes. That is true. So we drew a house and then decided her house was in Arkansas. After our posters were complete I let them put stickers all over them and we hung them on their closet door to admire.
This morning we did a short amount of speech homework. We are trying to get Alex to make predictions about what happens next. We used cards with examples like... a little girl playing in the mud with her dog... next she has to take a bath. The cat jumped on the table and bumped the flower vase... next the vase falls and spills. Etc.
This afternoon Alex had PT, Emma's OT was canceled. Then we went to the pool with LeLe, Caden & Caleigh. Fun fun.

0 comments: