CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, August 18, 2008

Still going

Drew came home this weekend and the girls were a little under the weather so I haven't blogged on school work in a while, but we have still been doing it. I love how we can sit down and do something for a few hours so do just a little here and there, depending on the day and mood. We've been working on the pledge of allegiance and Alex loves to sing America the Beautiful. Both of the girls are interested in maps so we've been doing some of that. Alex will bring me a globe or map and ask, "Where does Aunt Pat live?" or whoever else she is thinking about at the time. She knows we live in America in the state of Arkansas. She likes to point out that Daddy is in Oklahoma and that Aunt Pat (my grandma's sister that she met a few weeks ago) lives in Oregon. I try to think of things about each state, like people we know that live there or times we visited there, etc. They love that. I'm glad, because I was never much of a geography girl.
They still love the posters in their room and want to go over them at night. Great repetition for letter and number recognition. Alex still likes helping Emma with her colors and shapes on the posters.
We've also spent one evening with the giant sticker book. It is fun because of all the stickers but is great for categories. Ex. Animals with spots, Things in the ocean, etc.
Today when we were driving I tried to point out road signs and their shapes, but Alex wasn't getting it. I think we will plan a walk soon so that we can actually touch the signs and make the connection. I just don't think she realizes what I'm pointing to out the window.

0 comments: