CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Tuesday

This morning we headed to the park to play with the Green girls for about an hour and a half. Mary Grace is in first grade now, so it is just Hannah and Abigail during the day. They had tons of fun and Emma and Abigail spent a great deal of time laying in, rolling in, and picking up dirt. They were filthy. I wish I had had my camera there so I could prove to you how cool I was being by letting them get filthy. Lisa and I got to visit, that is always fun for us moms.
We had no choice but to come home for a bath and clean clothes before going to therapy. So... bath, clean clothes, lunch, and therapy. Emma had PT and ST. Alex has PT, ST, and OT. Alex has been curling her right arm up pretty severely lately. We've tried a wrist weight to cue her to put her arm down, but it didn't work. So today Alissa and Daryl casted her arm. They cut the cast on one side and attached Velcro so we can take it on and off. It require her to straighten her arm and I was surprised to see that when she is forced to keep her arm straight her arm actually swings in natural rhythm... something she has never been able to do. After therapy we called Poppy & Daddy to tell them about her cool cast and then we used Sharpies to decorate it. She thinks it is cool today, but my guess is that she will find it restrictive and will need encouragement to wear it.

0 comments: