CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Barack Obama

We did our very best to watch the inauguration. I know that they cannot fully comprehend it, I'm not sure than any of us can, but I felt it was important. They went with me to vote in the fall and I explained that when we voted for the president this is the man that the people chose. So, he gets to 'be in charge' of America. It turned out that our main focus was remembering his name. I want them to know the answer when asked, "Who is the president of the United States of America?" So, we went over that a lot. Now Emma is walking around the house saying, "Barack Obama! Barack Obama!" We listened to the prayer, the oath and as much of the speech as they could handle. History in the making. I hope they have at least some recollection of all this as they grow.
Off to therapy, they each have a long day of therapy today.

0 comments: