CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 19, 2009

Great Day

We had a really great day today. We did nothing exceptional, but I have more energy today than I can remember having in a very long time and that makes a difference. The girls have played, not without conflict, but contently. This morning we sat in the living room floor and played with flash cards. We worked on letter recognition and phonics, number recognition and counting, and opposites. I found myself working on shapes with Emma a lot today. The other day we got each of them a lap desk at Hobby Lobby. They LOVE them and this evening we again sat in the living room floor together. Emma and I wrote letters, spelled names, drew & identified shapes, and drew stick people. Alex paid some attention to this as she worked diligently on her own notebook. Kirsten got her a HSM stationary set for her birthday and she was busy working in her notebook with her pencil and ruler. I watched as she used the ruler to draw straight lines and then used her eraser on those pencil lines. I like watching her explore and create on her own. Emma wants me to color, but doesn't want to do much drawing on her own. Sometimes I hold her hand in mine and we write or draw together. I guess I will keep encouraging. Alex had PT this afternoon and Emma had OT. Daryl (OT) is reluctant to splint either of them for their fisted hands because they are both able to open those fingers on their own. They just choose to have them fisted most of the time. I will discuss this with the neurologist when we take Alex in February.

0 comments: