CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Busy week

So, the week has been busy. I had a doctor appointment Monday afternoon so the girls spend an hour with Grandpa and did very well. I was so glad they didn't give him a hard time. I think the time was good for all three of them. I took the girls with me to Ginny's funeral on Tuesday morning. Alex had gotten upset a few days before when I told her that Ms. Ginny might be going to heaven, so I was a little afraid to tell her when Ginny died. But, she took it very well. I just said, "Ms. Ginny went to heaven last night. Who else do you know that is in heaven?" She answered, "Grandma." And that was about it for that conversation. Before the funeral I explained that we were going to church to have a funeral for Ms. Ginny. I asked why we had a funeral at church and she answered, "God." Short, sweet and true. The were pretty good and we came home after the service so they could go to therapy. That evening we went to Springdale to see Mollie's first grade play. They had a lot of fun watching Mollie and all the kids and thought the school was "COOL!" Carrie took us to her classroom afterward and the girls got to look around and explore. Carrie even showed them the Hermit crab. Lots of fun and I'm glad we went. Mollie was adorable as the farmer's wife in the program and she had fun showing the girls around the school.
Wednesday Lisa was sweet enough to keep the girls during my second doctor appointment. The girls got to play together, Lisa took A & E to therapy, and then they all went to the ballpark for MG and Hannah's softball game. A full day!
Today Alex had her pre-op doctor appointment for next week's procedures in KC. She did great and we had time to play and learn a bit while we were waiting for our turn. We do that a lot. Learn where we are I mean. In restaurants we identify letters and words on the menu or table top, we stop to look at signs in the store, we talk about the weather (especially this week!), etc. In the doctor's office we were searching the room and toys for certain shapes. It was fun to watch them discover that there were circles (squares, etc.) on all kinds of things in the room. We've also been working on colors more, for Emma's sake. Today she identified yellow and green correctly! I was so excited for her! We continue to observe and name shapes, colors, letters, numbers, etc. every day. Another thing we work into the day is math. Lots of simple addition lately... for example at lunch the other day we took the sweetener packets out and did some math. "If I have two pink packets and two white packets, how many do I have all together?" Lots of that sort of thing, and both girls really like doing that. I know we aren't to the "What is two plus two stage", but we are learning the process of addition and subtraction. I'm still loving homeschooling them and I'm proud of how hard they work, especially Alex. Seeing Carrie's classroom made me wish I had all of her resources (and I know she would let me dig through things whenever I wanted), but I still feel confident in being their teacher. The process of learning is amazing and I'm so thankful to be sharing it with my girls.

0 comments: