CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Yesterday

Yesterday morning we did some school work together. We played with the flash cards that the girls love and I asked different questions. We are trying to make analogies. For example... Doggies have fur but people have skin. Elephants have big ears but Emma has little ears. etc. I would start it and they would finish it. They did pretty well and I think we added some extra knowledge to the familiar flash cards. I pulled out the wipe off boards and Alex practiced writing her letters again. We also spent some time writing her name. She has been able to do that for quite some time, but we haven't really worked on it in a while and the letters in her name were getting a little jumbled and random. Then we worked on what is NOT. ex. Which leaf is NOT green? etc.
Then we got a phone call that an agent wanted to show our house in 2 hours, so we spent the next 2 hours cleaning house. I can ask Alex to clean her room and she really does a pretty good job. She puts toys where they belong and straightens out her bed. Sometimes she even does this without being asked. Then she comes to get me and says, "Mommy, I clean my room. You come look." We aren't just talking about chores, we are doing them. The biggest problems usually come when Emma tries to pull out something that Alex already put away. Ahhh... sisters.
Alex has her first dentist appointment next Monday so we are going to read books about it for the next few days and talk about it a lot. Once Alex's first visit is out of the way then we will make an appointment for Emma.
The other day Alex was looking at her speech homework in the car and said, "I want Nonnie to do this with me." I forgot to tell Dottie about that, I'll have to remember that next time I see her.
The girls still ask about Daddy every day. When Alex asks where Daddy is I say, "You know where Daddy is." She replies, "Daddy in the Army. Why Daddy in the Army?" My response, "You know why Daddy is in the Army." Her answer, "Daddy help the soldiers."
Yesterday we drove by the armory here in Siloam. They have an old tank in the front and she asked me again what that was. I answered, "That is an Army tank." Her response, "Daddy fix it in the Army." Close enough. Technically he doesn't work on tanks, but he does work on military vehicles and that is close enough as far her her five year old mind is concerned. I was proud of her for remembering what Daddy does.
Alex had PT yesterday and Emma had OT. This afternoon Alex has ST, OT, PT and Emma had PT.

0 comments: