CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Tuesday again

I'm not doing a very good job of blogging daily. Last week took a down turn when Emma busted her head and we spent the morning at the ER. Then Thursday I took Alex to Kansas City for a follow up on her feet.
Yesterday we our art project was from a new (old) book I got. I let them use their fingers to paint the brown on the tree trunk and then they used their finger tips dipped in red paint to color the apples. The had fun but wanted to do more. They seem to have more fun when they get to free style.

We've been playing outside a lot, enjoying the weather. I got a Little Tykes car at a yard sale last weekend and the girls are loving it. Emma's sharing leaves much to be desired, but she has to share anyway. Alex is really very great at taking turns and sharing.
Of course we read everyday and we are still working on the alphabet. We've gone over speech homework. Working on 's' blends. The both say 'mell' instead of 'smell', etc. Emma has been working on locations of things. Where does the refrigerator belong? In the kitchen. Where do cars drive? In the road. Etc. In addition to actual time dedicated to that I ask a lot of questions throughout the day. We have also been working on same vs. different.
Yesterday I kept Mary Grace and Hannah for a while so the girls got to play for a few hours.
Therapy as usual. I am considering taking the girls to the Tulsa zoo on Friday. We will probably do animal related activities the next few days to lead up to that.

0 comments: