CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Wednesday

Alex came down with a fever Monday evening so the last few days have been spent at home. Once she started feeling better we found ourselves getting back to 'normal'.
Today we read three new books about God's creations. They were about how God made outer space, the weather, and our bodies. They were a little over Emma's head, but Alex stayed pretty attentive.
I found Emma with a math workbook today. She was looking and 'studying' so I asked her what she was looking at. She said, "Bananas!" She was right, so I pointed out the numerals on the page that 1-4. She looked up at me and said, "Numbers!" So she is catching on.
This afternoon we made cupcakes together. We read the recipe together and I tried to point out to Alex on the recipe as I read off each ingredient. We measured together and I let Alex pour in the water and Emma pour in the oil. As I separated the egg whites they wanted to touch the yolk. So when I was done with each egg I let them put their fingers in it. We talked about how it was cold, slimy and squishy. Then they took turns putting the ice cream cones in the muffin tin. I did my best to explain as we went along and point out how the batter gets hot in the oven and bakes into cupcakes. Oh, and then we ate way too many when they were done!
They got their new Highlight's magazines last week so we laid in the floor and read part of them today. This month's activity was putting appropriate face pieces on the jack-o-lantern. We played on the blank side of the pumpkin and they created their own silly faces. Then we read a few of the poems and stories. They don't really like the hidden picture activity (I think it is a little bit hard) but they like finding silly things in the silly picture.
Both girls are getting so great at pretending. Alex saw a camel in the magazine and next thing I know she was doing something silly. I asked her what she was doing and she told me she was a camel. I'm not sure how to act like a camel, but she thought she was doing it :)
Last night we read the book Morris Goes to School. I showed the girls how to put their hands on their head to look like antlers and be a moose. Emma thought that was great.

1 comments:

Jessica said...

Some day I would love to "go to school" with you all and participate. It would be so much fun!!!