CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, April 21, 2008

Monday Morning

We've already been doing school work this morning. It started out casual when Emma brought me a princess book with a magna doodle on it. We started drawing the pictures in the book, then moved on to writing people's names. Then I started the letters. I did the writing and the girls identified the letter. Uppercase and lowercase. Alex can now recognize the letters A and X by herself! That is huge! Uppercase only for the A. She knows them because they are in her name. When I write Emma's name she says, "E, M" then she skips the second M and says, "A". I always have to remind her there are 2 M's. We are making progress though.
Then we read a few book and then did a few workbook pages on numbers. Alex was doing great with her fine motor skills this morning. She was circling things great, but then I guess she got tired because she switched to her left hand. I find it interesting that when she draws a circle with her right hand she goes to the right, and with her left hand she goes to the left. Is this normal?
We also did a few pages on patterns. When it is just 2 items in the pattern Alex can guess what will come next. Sometimes she can with 3, more than that we are working on.
This afternoon Alex has PT and Emma has OT.

0 comments: