CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, April 28, 2008

Monday

Good day today. The girls woke me up at 7:15 this morning and by 7:30 we had already eaten a bowl of cereal and were doing homework. We did a little bit on rhyming words, some counting, and number writing (with my hand over Alex's). One activity had pictures of kites with 4 letters in each section of the kite. 2 letters were random and 2 were an uppercase & lowercase of the same letter. I would point out the uppercase and ask Alex to find the lowercase of that letter. She did awesome with that. She also did a page where she had to find the object that didn't belong in the group. It wasn't too complicated, for instance there was a basket with 3 tomatoes and a shovel. She had to point out that the shovel didn't belong. She did great with that. Emma was hungry for attention and to be involved so I did a few pages with her also. We did a page of patterns. There were a row of flowers... one pink, one blue, one pink, fill in the blank. She was able to say what came next and I was so impressed. We drew the next picture in the sequence with my hand over hers. She was thrilled.
Alex had PT today and Emma started her new speech evaluation. She will finish it tomorrow. Since she has turned 3 there are a new set of standards and she may qualify for speech again. We'll see how the articulation test goes tomorrow.
This evening the girls wanted to play with some poster boards in the office. I've been trying to keep them away from them for weeks and tonight I realized I should let them have fun with them. So, being the cool mom that I am, I pulled out the markers and took off their new shirts so they could go to town. I drew their names in big letters and let them do whatever they wanted to it. They did some drawing and so did I. Alex wanted me to draw people, so we drew mommy, daddy, Alex & Emma. I would draw a circle for the head and she would tell me what to add. Emma got in on it, too. "What's next?" They would answer anything from eyes, nose, mouth, hair, ears, earrings, shirt, pants, shoes, etc. Emma wasn't able to name the parts of a car today during her evaluation, so we drew a car and talked about the parts. We sang different verses of 'The Wheels on the Bus' to go along with what we were talking about. We talked about where people sit in the car, who the driver is, where the wheels are, where the wind shield wipers are, why we use them, where little kids and babies sit, where the lights are, etc. I also drew a spider and we sang 'The Itsy Bitsy Spider'. Emma loves that song. Then we drew a house and Alex told me what it needed... windows, a door, etc. I traced their hands and we drew bracelets and rings on them.
By the time it was all over they were covered in marker and nothing could help but a bath.

1 comments:

Jessica said...

Love your drawings of you and Drew and the girls and the car!!