CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, March 28, 2008

Friday

Alex woke up not feeling well this morning. Courtney called and asked to have Emma for the day, they had been planning on a big girls shopping day for a late birthday for Emma. Alex perked up later in the morning and we did some workbook pages out of a new book (from Nancy), then we went to Walmart. Emma had a great time with Courtney and came home with a new baby doll and a new shirt for her & Alex. Tonight we laid in the floor for half and hour and read books to wind down a little. I have started pointing out the beginning & the end of the book... one of those things you assume they know, but don't ever really 'teach'. The kindergarten readiness lists that as something to know. Alex already holds books the correct way and turns pages. I am also running my finger below the words while I read, to help her know what I'm reading and learn that words go from left to right. Alex also loves to repeat the words as I say them, and sometimes finishes sentences for me. Never fails, Emma always wants to look at a page we have already read and so we have to go back so she can look at the pictures.

0 comments: