CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 31, 2008

Monday, Monday

This morning we went to Fayetteville to take my Grandpa a pie that my dad's co-worker made for him. Then on to David's Bridal to try on my bride's maid dress for Jessica's wedding where Alex informed me that I looked like a Christmas tree. I needed a laugh considering the trouble Emma had been all morning.
Alex had PT & Emma had OT this afternoon. After dinner we sat on the couch and did some school work. Alex had an ABC workbook and Emma had a numbers workbook. Alex actually practiced writing A, B, & C on her own. That is big for her because such difficult tasks often take some convincing. She did quite well with it. Both of the girls count very well, but number recognition is not good. We actually did the entire notebook, as each number (1-10) only had 2 pages of exercises and we were on a roll. We counted and I wrote & pointed out the numerals. For example, their favorite part was to count the 7 frogs and then ribbit 7 times. We did that with several number & animals, they got a kick out of it. I'm hoping that all the repetition starts to help with recognition. I think that it is, because Alex recognized the number 3 today, and I don't think it was just luck. We'll keep going until they get it.
Of course we read about a million books today, as usual. Alex is great to sit and listen and repeat what I'm saying, even ask questions about pictures. Emma is getting better, but unless it is an engaging & short book, her attention often dwindles and she wanders off to get a new book.

0 comments: