CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Great day!

Beautiful weather! The girls and I went to grandma and grandpa's house today to stay with gma so gpa could go get his taxes done. It is a little difficult having the girls there for so long because gma gets stressed out if there is too much noise (and preschoolers equal noise), so I took 'homework' (as Alex calls it) to keep us busy. We are working on number identification and did a few worksheets in the book and then played a game. There are eleven cards with dots on them (from 0-10) and then eleven cards with the numbers 0-10. Each of the girls would take a turn to pick a card with dots and count them, then find the card with the right number on it. Of course I have to help with finding the right number card, but I think that Alex is starting to recognize the numbers. That game also helps with taking turns. Emma had PT from 3-3:45 so Alex and I did some homework in the lobby at the school and did worksheets on the letter Bb, then played our number game again. Then we played on the playground for a little while. Alex likes to swing on her tummy and go up the stairs and down the slide. I think we had a great developmental moment on the playground today. There is a stationary 'choo choo train' that you can sit in and drive or crawl through the tunnel in the front of the train. We were 'driving' and Alex got up and said, "I be little girl, you be daddy." I asked her what the daddy was supposed to do and she said, "Drive." Then later she changed our roles and said, "I be daddy, you be little girl." I was so thrilled that she was role playing that I crawled my big butt in the tunnel and pretended to be the little girl! She has pretended to cook before, or played dress up, but she has never role played like that and I'm so happy she has reached that developmental milestone.

0 comments: